COMMUNITY ACTION NETWORK EDUCATIONAL TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
ABOUT the Seminar/Workshop
Community Action Network (CAN) training seminars are informational workshops designed to encourage community and church participation in the legislative process.
CURRENTLY THERE ARE NO WORKSHOPS SCHEDULED. Please check back soon.
What will you get out of this workshop?
The Community Action Network (CAN) educational trainings provide pastors and people of faith with the tools and resources they need to promote and defend LIFE, FAMILY, and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM in Hawaii. Workshops are conducted by the staff of Hawaii Family Forum and our community associate, Hawaii Family Advocates.
- Learn principles for engaging in public policy within a Christian framework.
- Learn how to build a relationship with your legislator.
- Learn how to network with other people of faith to build a movement that will shape public policy in Hawaii for years to come.
- Learn why we are called by Jesus to take our gospel message into the public policy arena.
Overview of Christian Participation in Government
- What are the principles for Christian engagement?
- How can they be used to stand firm on our gospel values as we engage our legislators & government officials?
- What is the legacy in Hawai'i and our unique role as Christians?
Religious Freedom Under Attack?
- What does the U.S. Constitution say about religious freedom?
- What are real life examples of religious freedom attacks in Hawai'i and across the nation?
- Learn about current legislation and how it affects FAMILY, FAITH and FREEDOM in Hawai'i.
Foundations for Pastors to Step Up to the Plate and Why the Founding Fathers were Great Examples
- What are the examples of early church involvement in the shaping of our nation?
- Why is Hawai'i on the bottom of the list for voter participation? Can one voice really make a difference?
- How do you deal with uncertainty in the policy environment when people of faith engage?
About the Instructors
Eva Andrade is the Executive Director of Hawaii Family Forum
Allen Cardines, Jr. is the Director of Community Relations for Hawaii Family Forum.
Jim Hochberg, Esq. is the President of Hawaii Family Advocates.
How to Attend
For further information about these events, contact us at (808) 429-4872 or (808) 203-6714 or email us.