2016 “Interactive” General Election Voter Guide Now Available!
October 17, 2016
It’s time to get to know the candidates and the issues! Hawaii Family Forum’s 2016 general election Voter Guide is now available at this link. This is HFF’s seventh election year offering this resource!
Early voting begins next week with many races on the ballot – U.S. president, U.S. Senate, Congress, Hawaii house and senate, city councils, and Office of Hawaiian Affairs. Here are a few key dates to keep in mind:
- Did you miss the voter registration deadline? It’s not too late to register. Late registration allows qualified Hawaii residents, one final opportunity to register for the upcoming 2016 General Election. You may still register at the early walk-in for the General Election that begins on Tuesday, October 25 and ends on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
- The deadline to request your mail-in ballot is November 1, 2016.
- Election day is Tuesday, November 8, 2016. Polling place hours are 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Need more information about election day? Click here.
We’ve made it easy for you to get informed before you vote. We asked the candidates important questions and compiled the answers in one location. On our website, you will find our Voter Guide, so you can compare the candidates positions on issues and read any comments they made. We also have other resources that you will find helpful in the decision process.
We understand that candidates do not respond to our survey, so we have added a new feature! Now with our new active hyperlinks embedded directly in the PDF, you can also find biographical information about candidates for federal and state races by clicking on their campaign website! You can also send them an email or give them a call if you want to discuss their positions and find out more about where they stand on issues important to you. As a gentle reminder, please be courteous when you call the candidates. Most of them are happy to discuss their positions with you.
Now, we need your help letting voters know about this resource, and to distribute the printed version to as many Hawaii voters as possible. Please consider coming alongside HFFand help us raise the much-needed funds necessary to spread the word!
Our goal is to raise $15,000 over the next month!
More Ways to get involved:
- Download the 2016 General Election Voter’s Guide.
- Download the new handout “Questions Christians Should Ask Before Voting.”
- Give what you can toward HFF’s Voter Guide efforts. Your donation will help us get the Voter Guide to thousands of Hawai’i voters.
- Supply your church with Voter Guides by printing bulk copies and sharing them with your church community.
- Spread the word about the guide by forwarding this post to friends. There is a link on the bottom of this notice so you can share with friends.
P.S. Don’t delay! Access your free Guide online, then make a donation.
Connect with us online