When it’s time to testify…
The 2023 legislature is open and hearings are now taking place. If you are going to submit testimony, there are a couple of things you need to do:
- You must register on the Hawaii State Capitol website BEFORE you can submit testimony. It only takes a moment to sign up. DO THAT HERE.
- Once you have a hearing notice, you will be allowed to submit testimony. You just type up your testimony right there on the website, or you can upload a PDF document (although you can upload a Word document, we strongly suggest you upload a PDF). Keep in mind that the entire testimony, including any personal information you put on the file, will be available to the public.
- PHOTO ID REQUIRED FOR ENTRANCE TO THE STATE CAPITOL
- BUILDING HOURS: 7AM TO 5PM, MONDAY – FRIDAY
- Face masks are recommended while visiting the State Capitol and may be required in some offices.
- Please refer to posted signage for guidance
- These policies are subject to change and may be adjusted based on evolving COVID-19 guidelines.
- Please check the Legislature’s website for updates www.capitol.hawaii.gov.
- The Legislature is accepting written, videoconference, and in-person testimony at public hearings.
- A live stream of all Senate Standing Committee meetings will be available on the Senate YouTube Channel.