2022 Legislative Priorities
2021-2022 Public Policy Priorities
(Legislative Priorities adopted by Hawaii Family Board)
Every human life has value because we believe life is created by a loving God in His image. We affirm and protect human life from the moment of conception until natural death. Hawai’i already has some of the most liberal laws in the nation regarding abortion and assisted suicide so we will work against expansion while strengthening laws that support life.
Priority Life Issues:
- Suicide prevention and education including those experiencing end-of-life decisions, and promote access to resources and community education
- Prevent the expansion of abortion services in Hawai’i and promote access to adoption, counseling and resources provided by pregnancy resource centers and pregnancy medical centers that do not provide abortion services
- Prevent the expansion of assisted suicide in Hawai’i and promote access to hospice and palliative care.
Every human life has value, and that life comes from the sacred union between one man and one woman in a lifelong committed marriage. We will affirm and protect the family as defined by God.
Priority Family Issues:
- Protection of our keiki (children) from physical, emotional and sexual abuse including sex and human trafficking by supporting and strengthening laws as appropriate and working with local agencies and resources
- Protection of our keiki (children) from physical and emotional neglect by supporting and strengthening laws as appropriate and working with local agencies and resources
- Protection of our kupuna (elderly) from financial exploitation and abuse by strengthening laws as appropriate and working with local agencies and resources
- Protection of Hawaii families from the social and economic effects of gambling, which include addiction, bankruptcy, crime and the destruction of families
FAITH & FREEDOM
Religious faith is the cornerstone of what we do. We affirm and protect the freedom of Hawaii residents to practice their faith according to their deeply held religious convictions.
Priority Faith & Freedom Issues:
- Stop any effort to force pharmacies and/or pharmacists (physicians) to dispense drugs that are contrary to their religious belief
- Monitor all laws in Hawai’i to ensure that people of faith can bring their faith into their workplaces without government interference or coercion.