About the Seminar/Workshop
Community Action Network (CAN) training seminars are informational workshops designed to encourage community and church participation in the legislative process.
The Community Action Network (CAN) educational trainings provide pastors and people of faith with the tools and resources they need to promote and defend LIFE, FAMILY, and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM in Hawaii. Workshops are conducted by the staff of Hawaii Family Forum and our community associate, Hawaii Family Advocates.
• Learn principles for engaging in public policy within a Christian framework.
• Learn how to build a relationship with your legislator.
• Learn how to network with other people of faith to build a movement that will shape public policy in Hawaii for years to come.
• Learn why we are called by Jesus to take our gospel message into the public policy arena.
• Hear from local legislators on what is happening at the legislature (during legislative session).
CLICK THE CALENDAR ITEM BELOW TO REGISTER, DOWNLOAD A PDF VERSION OF FLYER, AND READ MORE ABOUT THE EVENT.
Overview of Christian Participation in Government
• What are the principles for Christian engagement?
• How can they be used to stand firm on our gospel values as we engage our legislators & government officials?
• What is the legacy in Hawai’i and our unique role as Christians?
About the Instructors
Eva Andrade is the President of Hawaii Family Forum
Allen Cardines, Jr. is the Director of Community Relations for Hawaii Family Forum.
James R. “Duke” Aiona, Jr., Esq. is the President of Hawaii Family Advocates.
How to Attend
For further information about these events, contact us at (808) 429-4872 or (808) 203-6714 or email us.